Assumption College is committed to the safety of our students, faculty, staff and guests. In case of an emergency, the College communicates through a number of media:
- Campus loudspeaker
- Text messages
The College sends emergency text messages to students, faculty and staff who have cell phones registered with the College Registrar's Office. The message informs registered users about the emergency and instructions on what to do.
Parents: The College also has the capability to send a voice message informing you about the situation.
- Parents must have updated and accurate information on file with the College Registrar's Office.
- Your contact telephone numbers must be a direct line (no extensions).
- Your Caller ID will display 411. It will not display Assumption College.
- Once the phone has been answered by you or by an answering machine, there will be a 2 or 3 second delay. Please stay on the line. The system requires a few seconds of silence to detect whether someone has picked up the phone or if the call will activate an answering machine.
- If you do not answer the phone, the system will leave a message on your answering machine or on your voicemail system. If you use an answering machine, please set the answering machine to five (5) rings or fewer. It will not work if it is set to six (6) rings.
- If you have a device such as a Telemarketer Zapper or Privacy Director on your telephone line, you may not receive the call.
- If the message stops playing, press any key 1 - 9 and the message will replay from the beginning.
FACULTY/STAFF: Emergency contact information can be updated on the Assumption College Portal in the User Account section of Web Advisor.
The successful delivery of emergency information is dependent upon accurate information for each contact. Please contact the College Registrar’s Office if you have changed your number.